JASON EVANS' 100-WORD REVIEWS: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood


Courtesy of Sony
William Penn once famous said, “Time is what we want most, but... what we use worst.” So, in an effort not to waste your time, film critic Jason Evans is attempting to pare his movie reviews down to exactly 100 words… not 99, not 101, 100 words. Today he reviews Quentin Tarantino’s Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.


The Premise: Set in the 1960s, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is the story of best friends Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio) and Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt). Dalton is a TV star, while Booth is a stuntman who also serves as driver for his acting buddy. The film’s all-star cast includes Margot Robbie as actress Sharon Tate, Timothy Olyphant, Dakota Fanning, Al Pacino, Bruce Dern, and Kurt Russell. 

The 100 Words: Tarantino has made a gorgeous love-letter to the Hollywood of his youth, but this is one of his loosest and least interesting scripts. The film has several great moments, but it drags (especially in the first half) and would have been much better with 45 minutes lopped out of the bloated run-time. But it is a wonder to behold as he expertly recreates the 1960s and allows his stellar cast to shine on screen. Boasting some of the best acting performances of the year, this is a film that everyone will appreciate, even if some aren’t completely entertained by it.

Comments

  1. My ex-boyfriend dumped me 8months ago after I accused him of seeing someone else and insulting him. I want him back in my life but he refuse to have any contact with me .I was so confuse and don’t know what to do, so I reach to the internet for help and I saw a testimony of how a spell caster help them to get their ex back so I contact the spell caster and explain my problem to him and he cast a spell for me and assure me of 2days that my ex will return to me and to my greatest surprise the third day my ex came knocking on my door and beg for forgiveness. I am so happy that my love is back again and not only that, we are about to get married. once again thank you Dr Godday you are truly talented and gifted. Email: Goddayspiritualhome@gmail.com is the only answer. he can be of great help and I will not stop publishing him because he is a wonderful man contact +19194956404 - WHATSAPP ONLY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 61 years old. I contracted hpv in 2011' I has be taking lot treatment for it and embarrassed some months ago the wart stated coming out seriously, I used lot recommendation because there was lot warts around my anus and was so . but today I'm totally happy I got the virus eliminated by using natural treatment from Dr voodoo herbal center after his treatment I got cured. all the warts went away' seriously believed Dr. voodoo he have the cure for human papillomavirus because he has eliminated hpv been in my body since 2011, Dr. voodoo make it possible for me. Here is Dr. voodoo email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or WhatsApp him via +2348140120719 he is welled capable of curing terrible diseases.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment