TRAILER: Water for Elephants


Hey, look! Robert Pattinson's going to be in a movie that doesn't make me want to punch things. That's probably because he doesn't play a sparkly vampire or use 9/11 for a cheap plot twist.


The trailer for his upcoming movie Water for Elephants looked interesting to me, so I started reading the Sara Gruen novel. I'm about a third of the way through, and I'm intrigued so far. It's been a while since we've had a decent story set in a circus.

If I'm wrong - meaning that Pattinson still thinks "acting" means "look constipated" - we at least have performances by Reese Witherspoon, Christoph Waltz and the legendary Hal Holbrook to fall back on. We'll find out when the movie opens on April 22.

Comments

  1. You know, this book has been selling like crazy at the Borders where I work, and I started to wonder about the thrill of it. I've heard nothing but good things from customers who have read it, and this trailer just makes me want to read it more before the film is released. Based solely on the trailer, it does look as though Robert Pattinson maintains his star-struck, "duh" look throughout, but maybe we'll be proven wrong. I'll see anything with Christoph Waltz, so I'm sure I'll see it. ^_^

    P.S. Josh, do you know anything about the potential release date of "Never Let Me Go"? I've been looking forward to its release ever since I finished the book several months ago, but every time I look, they've pushed the film date back further and further. Have you any info?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Never Let Me Go" played in Atlanta for a while, but only at one or two theaters. It's not there anymore, unfortunately. Amazon says it hits DVD on Feb. 1, so that looks like your next chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I am far behind! Thanks for the info on it! I had no idea it had even hit a few theaters! I'll definitely be renting it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment