...Aaand We're Back

Yeah, I know. It's been a while.

I read one time that most people who start a blog kick things off with a flurry of posts and then abandon it almost immediately. Since my last post was a discussion of the 2011 Oscar nominations, it would appear that I'm just another statistic.

There are a ton of excuses I could make, some of which might even be valid (don't start a blog while you're trying to wrap up grad school, don't start a blog right after you have a kid, etc.), or I could just chalk it up to life experience, say I screwed up and move on from there. I choose Option B.


Apologies to the folks who were looking forward to following the blog on a regular basis (all four of you). And a warm welcome to any newcomers who might stumble across my posts through Facebook links or by happy accident.

I wish I could guarantee a ton of posts every day, but I'd probably be lying. What I can promise is a movie review or two each week, occasional thoughts on movie/television news and a constantly growing archive of old columns. I've got a 10 years worth of stuff sitting on a flash drive and I'd love for it to have a permanent online home.

That begins today. In a little while, you'll be able to see my take on Wrath of the Titans and Mirror Mirror, as well as read the first review I ever wrote for the Times-Georgian in Carrollton. That was A Beautiful Mind, all the way back in January 2002. I read it again recently, which I immediately regretted - it's pretty bad.

I still want to post it, if only to show how much I've (hopefully) evolved as a writer. That's the case with a ton of reviews that will be appearing here in the coming months. Many of them are rough and there are a lot that I totally disagree with all these years later. Still, I don't regret them. They just show how my tastes and critical thinking have shifted over a decade.

So I welcome you to hang out - read with me, cringe with me, laugh with me (or at me, if you want). Hopefully this step in my online writing journey will be a bit more successful.

Comments

  1. Yay! Josh is back! I'm so glad! Also, I really, really, really love that picture that you posted. Derp.com is one of my favorite pasttimes, but that one I had not seen. Looking forward to the future reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realized I never responded to your very kind comment. Thanks for the nice words!

      Delete

Post a Comment